Thursday, January 19, 2017

Last Week's Meals

I've discovered that the girls don't like eating the same meal more than once every three weeks.  I had been rotating favorites to every other week and they were hitting burnout so now I need to rotate even more.  Here's the meal plan from last week:

Sunday - Shaved steak and cheese subs with grilled onions, peppers, and tomatoes
Monday - Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce, shredded mozzerella and breaded chicken tenders
Tuesday - Swedish meatballs with egg noodles and roasted broccoli
Wednesday - Goat cheese and tomato quiche with potatoes
Thursday - Panko crusted chicken tenders with mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts and tomato slices
Friday - Pizza

The spaghetti squash cost $5.90, which I think is completely outrageous.  Such a bummer because it's so easy to roast and shred but I can't justify spending that much on a regular basis.  I'll have to limit my purchases to squash sales.

Let's talk about roasted veggies for a second.  It's such a quick way to add vegetables to your meal and the girls like the taste.  Who doesn't?

1.19d

1.19c

I made a slightly different quiche last week because I had a fresh tomato I wanted to use up.  This one consisted of goat cheese, tomatoes and fresh basil.  My basil plant from last summer is still (somehow) alive.  I also cooked up a batch of old school potatoes - sliced potatoes sauteed in butter, salt and pepper.  This is another quick meal but the girls tire of it so I won't be able to use it again for a few weeks.

1.19a

1.19b

No comments: