Sunday, May 21, 2017

Exploring, as seen on my walk

Last week flew by.  I'm hesitant to use the word busy when referring to life now that I'm not working.  So instead of a busy week, I'll call it a full week.  Temperatures jumped from the 50s into the 80s and 90s.  Of course, Allie and Anna had a field trip on the hottest day (so far) of the year.  92 degrees and we went hiking.  The field trip was through the Mass Audubon Society and was supposed to consist of one "hike" and two activities at the camp.  The classes were broken down into smaller groups of about 9-10 students.  Because I was technically there as Anna's nurse, I couldn't be a chaperone on my own so I was teamed up with another parent.  Our guide took us on a very long hike, an hour and a half long hike to be exact.  It was too much for Anna.  Poor baby.  The medication she takes for her bladder causes her to feel hotter than it really is so she was all pink-faced before the other kids and simply exhausted.  But she pushed through and did it.  She kept saying, "I'm going to sleep good tonight."  There were a few positives though.  The other kids were also hot and tired and wanted to rest too, so Anna didn't necessarily stick out.  When I wasn't right there to grab Anna's hand, her two friends helped her out before I could reach her.  They would also find places for her to sit when there was time to rest.  It was truly heart warming to witness.

Earlier in the week, I drove down to the cottage after dropping the girls off at school.  It was to be a day of cleaning, but I took a lunch break, of course.

5.21a
The view from my car as I ate lunch.

Aside from when we looked at the cottage back in the fall, this was the first nice weather day where I've been at the cottage.  It was interesting to spend almost the entire day there, watching the movement of the sun through the rooms.  The dreary, forlorn feeling had finally lifted.  In the middle of the day, I took a cleaning break and explored.  I could finally taste summer.  

5.21b

5.21c

5.21d

5.21e

5.21f

5.29g

5.29h

5.29i

5.29j

5.29k

5.29l

5.29m

5.29n

5.29o