Saturday, June 24, 2017

First overnight at the cottage

I've mentioned before how Rich and I don't go out and buy gifts for each other for Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc.  There were homemade presents from the girls, of course, for Father's Day.  Rich's only request for the weekend was that we sleep overnight at the cottage.  On the cleaning front, it's not close to where I want it to be (thanks, OCD) so I still consider it to be a bit like camping.

There's an ice cream place at the end of our street and a bakery/take-out breakfast place around the corner.  We walked to both which blew the girls' minds.  They aren't used to walking anywhere as there really isn't much to walk to where we live.  Plus, Anna can only walk so far and we have to take that into consideration for each outing.  On Sunday morning, the girls and I were waiting outside for Rich.  I went to grab something out of the van and reminded the girls that we were walking and not driving, so don't get in the van.  Rich came out and was all like, "What? We're walking?"  Need to burn off some of those calories!

Last year, when the girls and I stayed overnight at my friend's rental in Chatham, I couldn't believe how dark it got at night.  My friend agreed.  Maybe we're used to living close to cities and with all the lights, we don't know full darkness.  Saturday night, the sky was overcast to begin with and then the fog rolled down the street from the ocean before complete darkness took over.

It wasn't exactly "beach weather" but that's okay.  There'll be plenty of time for that coming up.  It's still pretty quiet down here.

6.24a

6.24b

6.24c

6.24d

6.24e

6.24f

6.24g

6.24h

6.24i

6.24j

6.24k

6.24l

6.24m

6.24n

6.24o

6.24p

6.24q

6.24r

6.24s

6.24t

6.24u

6.24v

6.24w

6.24x

4 comments:

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

It's so great when you can walk places! I miss that about my old apartment all the time.

JEN said...

Agreed. I love walking everywhere. Our school is a mile away and there are no sidewalks and super busy roads. It makes me sad.

Kirsten said...

That's one thing I love about our neighborhood in Seattle...we can walk to the grocery store, cafes, drug store, even the girls' dance studio!

kdliberty said...

I am within walking distance of a lot things were I live. It is awesome. That said I moved 3 months ago I am STILL unpacking. There always seems to be a lot of work in a new place..