Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Cape in December

Water lines have been disconnected at the cottage, the pipes drained.  All that remains in the fridge are a few cans of soda.  Frozen pancakes and pizza need to be transported home before we unplug the refrigerator for the winter.  We can heat the main living space and, on sunny days, the walls of glass doors provide solar heat.  Without water though, it's only comfortable for short visits.  And that's exactly what we did this past weekend.

When my dad and I were there a few weeks ago, I noticed how the gutters were clogged and overflowing with pine needles.  I used the short stepladder on hand and cleaned out as much as I could but it really needed to be addressed before winter.

12.6a

The girls and I hung out on the beach while Rich cleared the gutters.  The sun sets shortly after 4:00 now, which is painfully early.  I pulled my tripod out of the bedroom closet to bring home and then decided to bring it to the beach for some slow shutter photos.  Of course, there were no waves at all.  The ocean is usually not so placid.

12.6b
Hey, I'm in a photo.

12.6c

12.6d

12.6e

12.6f

12.6g

12.6h

12.6i
In the non-curated world.

12.6j

We stopped for dinner on the way home and I realized how much I've missed clam chowder.

12.6k

12.6l

12.6m

No comments: