Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Toy Story Land changes to FastPass+ and park hours

9.17b

Toy Story Land officially opens in Hollywood Studios on June 30th.  This means that guests with the ability to book FastPass+ 60 days out can now make FP+ reservations for new Toy Story Land rides.  (Don't forget that when you book a package through Disney and you make your FP+ at the 60 day mark, it is for your entire vacation - up to 14 days.)

Hollywood Studios operates under a tier system for FastPass+.  This means you can't make 3 FP+ for any 3 attractions.  According to Disney, with Toy Story Land opening, the tier system will be as follows:

One FP+ for
   Slinky Dog Dash (a roller coaster)
   Alien Swirling Saucers
   Toy Story Mania (existing attraction)

Two FP+ for other rides/attractions.

This is obviously to prevent guests from making FP+ for the 3 Toy Story attractions at the same time.  My prediction is that the Slinky Dog Dash will be the most popular of the three.  Toy Story Mania is not new and roller coasters always tend to be popular.  Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a perfect example.

Disney has also announced that beginning on July 1, Hollywood Studios will be open from 8:00 am to 10:30 pm (for a limited time.)  They will also be adding Extra Magic Hours for Hollywood Studios.  Disney is operating under the assumption that Toy Story Land is going to bring more guests to Hollywood Studios, which for many is a half day park.

My strategy

Aim for FP+ for Slinky Dog Dash during the second hour after park opening.
Arrive to HS early.
Standby for Alien Swirling Saucers first
Check Toy Story Mania standby


I've added a new page, which can be found under my blog header, for Disney Planning + Tips.  Previously, I just had a bunch of links thrown under links to my trip reports and I wanted to clean it up, making it more user friendly.

2 comments:

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Your plan seems spot on. Can't wait to hear how the new rides are!

Also, LOVE that shot of ToT!

Melanie said...

My two cents/advice on the hard to get fastpasses. Plan your Hollywood Studios day toward the end of your trip and when you go in on your 60 day mark to book fastpasses, start with that day first. We were there in March and I really wanted to make sure we got Flight of Passage fastpasses. We were there Monday to Saturday and I had originally planned our Animal Kingdom day for Tuesday, however when I went in at 7am on the day of our 60 day mark, the soonest FP I could get for Flight of Passage was on Friday at 6:00 pm. So then I had to jockey my whole plan around on the fly. I would imagine it will be the same way for Toy Story Land. Good Luck!!